SpinLife In-Home Service Contracts
SpinLife In-Home Service Contracts
Service Contracts are available on many of the products sold at SpinLife. Service Contracts cover in-home service, including diagnostics, labor, trip charges and repair. You do not have to take your item anywhere; a certified SpinLife service technician comes to you. For many mobility scooters, power wheelchairs and lift chairs, the first year of services is FREE of charge. When you are placing your order, if a Service Contract is provided for FREE on your product, it will be noted.
SpinLife is the only online and catalog retailer that runs its own service program…other retailers just farm the work out to someone else’s network of technicians. At SpinLife, we work directly with every tech…we know them, we assess their knowledge and capabilities, and we communicate with them directly. When it comes down to diagnosing and repairing your valuable equipment, there is no better way to manage service.
This is that pesky fine print that gives the details, but we urge you to read this and fully understand the program.
- We understand that having an operating product is very important to you. After service is requested, in most cases a tech will visit your home within 5 business days depending on your location. Some remote locations require up to 10 business days to arrange for a service visit, but this applies to fewer than 5% of the continental US.
- Replacement parts are covered under the manufacturer’s original warranty and are fully honored and supported by SpinLife. If the replacement part is not covered or is no longer under warranty, you will be responsible for the cost of the new part. Please see the Warranty Tab for your product to see what is covered.
- The service contract covers labor on all warranty part replacements. Additionally, service contracts cover in-home diagnostics through the duration of the contract and labor for purchased non-warranty parts including motors, transaxles, scissor mechanisms, power chair control modules and power chair batteries.
- If a new part is required, the part will be shipped via standard shipping. If you would like for the part to be sent via overnight or second day shipping, in most cases you can choose to pay for expedited shipping charges. The original parts being covered under warranty must be returned, and in most cases, this will be handled by the technician doing the part replacement. If you are replacing the part yourself, in the case where the replacement is very simple, you will need to return the part or we may need to charge you for the replacement part. In nearly all cases, we either send you, or include in the box, a return label or we request a pre-paid pick-up of the warranty part, but it is your responsibility to have the part boxed and ready for pick-up.
- The product you purchased is expected to be used for its intended purpose as described in the products manual provided at the time of shipment. If it is determined that the product’s warranty has been voided through your actions, then additional in-home repair services will not be provided and your service contract will not be refunded. Examples of situations where this might apply would be power mobility equipment that has been used in sand and water that damages that motor, lift chairs that are used beyond their stated weight capacities, and mobility equipment that is used to travel beyond 10 miles per day on a regular basis.
- Unfortunately, we cannot provide replacement units while your product is waiting for repair.
- The contract is only available to the original owner of the product. If you move, the service contract goes with you if you move within the continental United States. Just make sure to let us know your new address!
In addition to 1-Year In-Home Service contracts, we also offer Extended Service Contracts ranging from 2 to 3 years depending on the product. The individual product pages on SpinLife.com will show the type of Service Contract available and costs. These are available at the time of sale, or within 30 days of purchase your product.