Brand new mono tube design provides flexibility and minimal weight.
NEED HELP OR ADVICE?
Our Product Experts are here for you1-800-850-0335
The SpinLife Difference Includes:
Twist-Lock Bar for Backrest
Custom Built For You
Made in the USA
5 Year Limited Warranty
Made in the USA
- Two Caster Positions
- Ovalized 7020 Series Aerospace Aluminum Frame
- Hollow Forged Caster Link Tubing
- New and Unique Twist-Lock Bar for Backrest
- Durable & Transfer-Friendly Compact Wheel Lock
- Optional Freestyle Back for Excellent Built-In Support
The Nitrum is the newest ultra-lightweight wheelchair from Quickie. The Nitrum features a mono tube design made of a high-end special ovalized 7020 series aerospace aluminum. The mono tube frame design provides frame flexibility while the premier tubing creates an incredibly lightweight frame. The Nitrum is highly configurable allowing you to tailor the wheelchair to your most precise personal preferences. There are 89 seat width/seat depth combinations with widths up to 20”. Three front frame angles are available to accommodate your leg positioning preferences. Frame inset options of 0”, 1”, and 2” allow you to taper the taper the legrests to the openness or tightness you desire. What Makes This Different
What Makes This Different
The Nitrum brings three new features unique to the ultra-lightweight wheelchair market. There are two position settings for the casters. You can choose to have the casters set close to the frame to increase maneuverability and ability to get closer to objects for transfers. If you prefer a more stable base for your wheelchair, you can have the casters set further out. An optional Twist-Lock bar for the backrest allows you to unlock the backrest and fold it down for transport. A double-locking feature secures the backrest in the down position so you can use the bar to lift the chair into your car. The backrest can lock in the down position without having to remove side guards or a low-profile cushion. Four LED lights per side are available as an option for the caster arms. The LED lights are rechargeable and can provide up to 4 hours of light time. The lights can emit in three modes: high, low, and blink. Why We Like It
Why We Like It
The Nitrum with its mono tube frame and ultra-lightweight frame make for an easy-to-transport chair with a flexibly comfortable ride. The Nitum’s light weight also helps to minimize the amount of effort you exert to propel the chair. The lighter and smoother your ride, the less force required by your arms and shoulders. There are plenty of upgrade options you can select to customize your chair. LED lights can be used to light the path ahead making sure you do not get your casters hung up on cracks or elevation changes. The Twist-Lock bar on the backrest can securely lock down your backrest and give you a secure location for the lifting the chair into your car. If you prefer the additional support of a solid backrest rather than an upholstered, there is the option for the FreeStyle Backrest. The FreeStyle is a J3 backrest built into the frame of the chair to minimize weight and maximize strength while providing a 360° range of upper body rotation. Let your personality show by selecting from 30 color options, 5 frame decal colors, 7 anodized color packages, or even upgrade to your choice of 11 frame graphics.
View Detailed Measurement Guide
- Seat Depth1
- Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
- Measured from the seat base to the top of the wheelchair back. Depends on how much upper back support is needed, and also affects freedom for the upper body to rotate.
- Rear Seat to Floor3
- Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the wheelchair seat.
- Hanger Angle4
- Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width5
- Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Wheel Camber6
- Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical daily wheelchair uses three degrees of camber.
- Front Seat to Floor7
- Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the wheelchair will be foot-propelled.
- Footrest Width8
- Measure from the inside of each legrest tubing the distance or desired distance between legrests.
- Center of Gravity9
- Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axel.
- Seat to Footrest Length10
- Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
- Backrest Angle11
- Measure the the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurment for every .5" of dump.
|Product Weight:||18.3 lbs.|
|Front Seat to Floor Height:||16" to 21"|
|Rear Seat to Floor Height:||13" to 20"|
|Rear Wheel Size:||
|Pneumatic (air-filled) tire option:||Yes|
|One-Arm Drive Option:||No|
|Product Weight Range:||15 lbs to 20 lbs|
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
|Product Weight:||18.3 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight:||0.01 lbs.|
Sunrise guarantees the frame and cross brace (if applicable) against defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the original purchaser.
One (1) Year
All Sunrise made parts and components are warranted for one (1) year against defects in materials and workmanship.
- We do not warrant:
- Tires and tubes, upholstery, pads and push-handle grips.
- Damage from neglect, accident, misuse, or from improper installation or repair.
- Products modified without Sunrise Medicals express written consent.
- Damage from exceeding the weight limit.
- This warranty is VOID if the original chair serial number tag is removed or altered.
- This warranty applies in the USA only. Check with your supplier to find out if international warranties apply.
- This warranty is not transferable and only applies to the first consumer purchase of this wheelchair through an authorized Sunrise Medical dealer.
This item is non-returnable for one of the following reasons:
- This item is custom-made by the manufacturer to suit your specific needs . Please review all specifications carefully before placing your order. Once production of your item has begun – the order is unable to be cancelled.
- For hygienic safety and per FDA regulations this item is non-returnable, even if unused.
- Once products are installed, the product is no longer returnable.
- Please inspect your product upon delivery. If the product is damaged or is not the correct product, please refuse the delivery. If your item was delivered without a signature and is damaged or incorrect please call SpinLife Customer Service.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.