The smoothest ride with a large range-of-style options to express yourself.
NEED HELP OR ADVICE?
Our Product Experts are here for you1-800-850-0335
The SpinLife Difference Includes:
Lifetime Limited Warranty
Made in the USA
- Seat and Base Frame are Independent for Smoothest Ride
- Isolation Technology for Vibration Dampening
- Easy Adjustable Seat Depth, Seat Height and Center of Gravity
- Great Range of Options to Optimize Your Comfort
The Ethos is the rigid frame chair designed to provide you with the smoothest ride possible while giving you options to reflect your personality. Dampening vibration is a key to reducing body pain and fatigue. When most of your day is spent in a wheelchair you need a wheelchair that is best equipped to making vibration as minimal as possible.The Ethos dampens vibration through its revolutionary Isolation Technology (Iso Tech) and utilizing a base frame separate from the seat frame. A large variety of frame, wheel and caster options allow you to tailor the Ethos to your personal preferences. Frame options include front angles ranging from 70 to 90 degrees. You can taper the legrests from narrow and supportive to a wide-open V-Front. The casters can even be positioned to minimize the chair’s footprint or widened out to optimize stability. Caster forks can be single-sided, suspension fork, or the standard dual-sided. To maximize the ride you can choose from multiple rear wheel set-ups that include several tire, handrim and wheel options. You have a selection of casters that range from the speedy Rollerblade wheels to the smooth riding Soft Roll options. Once you have your Ethos you can still fine-tune to maximize how the chair performs for you. The unique seat frame design allows you to easily adjust the center of gravity and seat depth as well as front and rear seat-to-floor heights.
What Makes This Different
What really distinguishes the Ethos is the Iso Tech seating. Iso Tech isolates the seat frame and the base frame while connecting them with vibration dampening polymers. There are 4 polymer options to fine-tune your Ethos ride – Ultra Soft, Soft, Mid, and Rigid. Simply choose the polymer which reflects the type of ride you prefer. In addition to the unique set-up, the casters are separate from the frame. The separation of the casters is done so the vibrations coming through the wheels do not pass through the footplate and then into your body. The base frame is as rigid as possible to provide the best performance. The caster location and set-up allow for just the right amount of flex so you can traverse all the uneven surfaces and cracks along your way. The Ethos is also the only rigid frame wheelchair that allows for independent adjustability of the wheelbase which gives you ultimate control over your wheelchair’s stability.
Why We Like It
Iso Tech, vibration dampening and tons of frame options make the Ethos an incredibly comfortable ride. An additional attraction of the Ethos is literally how good it looks. You can select from 21 frame colors, 8 highlight colors and 8 anodized color options. There are gloss frame colors and matte finishes. If you like a little design in your finish you can opt for the Hydrographics finish. If you want to highlight your caster forks, back plate, side guard receiver or camber tube you can choose one of the bright anodized colors or be subtle and go with the standard black. To customize your Ethos a little more you can have your base frame one color and the seat frame another. Have fun customizing the appearance of your Ethos and express yourself!
View Detailed Measurement Guide
- Seat Depth1
- Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
- Measured from the seat base to the top of the wheelchair back. Depends on how much upper back support is needed, and also affects freedom for the upper body to rotate.
- Rear Seat to Floor3
- Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the wheelchair seat.
- Hanger Angle4
- Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width5
- Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Wheel Camber6
- Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical daily wheelchair uses three degrees of camber.
- Front Seat to Floor7
- Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the wheelchair will be foot-propelled.
- Footrest Width8
- Measure from the inside of each legrest tubing the distance or desired distance between legrests.
- Center of Gravity9
- Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axel.
- Seat to Footrest Length10
- Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
- Backrest Angle11
- Measure the the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurment for every .5" of dump.
|Product Weight:||15 lbs.|
|Front Seat to Floor Height:||13.5" to 21"|
|Rear Seat to Floor Height:||11" to 20"|
|Fold-down back for easy transport:||Yes|
|Reclining Back Option:||No|
|Rear Wheel Size:||
|Pneumatic (air-filled) tire option:||Yes|
|One-Arm Drive Option:||No|
|Expedited Shipping Available:||No|
|Product Weight Range:||15 lbs or less|
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
|Product Weight:||15 lbs.|
This item is non-returnable for one of the following reasons:
- This item is custom-made by the manufacturer to suit your specific needs . Please review all specifications carefully before placing your order. Once production of your item has begun – the order is unable to be cancelled.
- For hygienic safety and per FDA regulations this item is non-returnable, even if unused.
- Once products are installed, the product is no longer returnable.
- Please inspect your product upon delivery. If the product is damaged or is not the correct product, please refuse the delivery. If your item was delivered without a signature and is damaged or incorrect please call SpinLife Customer Service.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.