Trouble Shooting Guide for Scooters
My scooter won’t power up.
- Make sure the key is fully inserted and turned on
- Make sure the battery box is seated correctly (tight and secure) on travel scooters. If you own a full size scooter, check to make sure the battery terminals are connected. If this is the initial set up of a full sized scooter, there may be terminal covers on your batteries, they must be removed for your scooter to accept a charge. Consult your owner’s manual for instructions.
- Reset the main circuit breaker by pushing in the circuit breaker button.
My scooter powers up, but won’t move.
- Make sure the scooter is in gear! If you can push the scooter, it is in neutral. There is a yellow knob on the back of scooters which indicates a "locked" or "unlocked" position. If that yellow knob is set to "unlocked" your scooter will not move. Move the lever to the locked position. Turn the key off and remove it from the ignition switch. Reinsert the key and turn it back on.
- Your scooter may have "timed out". Scooters automatically power down after they have been parked for a while to conserve battery power. To reset, turn the scooter off, remove the key and reinsert to restore normal operation.
- Is your charger still plugged in? There is a safety on the battery charger that keeps the scooter from moving when the charger is plugged in, even if the charger is not plugged into an electrical outlet.
My scooter is beeping at me.
- Beep codes are designed to help easily troubleshoot a problem with your scooter. Count the beeps. The number of beeps tells you what the problem is. Look in your owner’s manual that came with your scooter. There will be a page that lists "beep" or "fault" codes for your particular model.
- Most Beep codes indicate something as simple as low battery charge, or the presence of one of the conditions explained above. If your beep code indicates something more involved, then it’s time to call for service! Call the Spinlife Nationwide Service Team at (800)850-0335 and select option 4
SpinLife Knows: Remember to keep your owner’s manual handy! Your serial number, warranty information, and new product set up instructions are inside the manual. Our Product Experts are here to help you make the best choice for your individual situation. Give us a call at 1-800-850-0335.