Advantages of Manual Wheelchairs
Manual wheelchairs have a number of advantages and many active people prefer to use a manual wheelchair as much as possible. Consider the advantages below as well as your personal strength and energy levels as you will need plenty of both to operate a manual wheelchair.
- Manual wheelchairs come in a variety of weights and configurations, from standard to ultralightweight, and even sport recreation wheelchairs. If you're going to be spending a lot of time in your wheelchair, opt for a lighter weight chair as you will use less energy throughout the day to operate it.
- Manual wheelchairs do not need charging.
- Manual wheelchairs are cost-effective with little maintenance.
- Manual wheelchairs require little space.
- Manual wheelchairs are easily maneuverable and can be configured to meet your needs.
- Manual wheelchairs are easily transportable and there are many foldable options that are great for travel and easy storage.
SpinLife Knows: It’s important to ask yourself how much of your daily energy you wish to use and if the terrain where you live, work and study will be easily maneuverable in a manual wheelchair. It is a good idea to use a manual wheelchair when you can stay active and fit, and a power wheelchair when you need a little more assistance. Our Product Experts are here to help you make the best choice for your individual situation.
Give us a call at 1-800-850-0335.