Top End T-5 7000 Series Tennis Chair
Nord-Lock bolt securing system minimizes axle play and ensures the axles remain locked for safety and security.
NEED HELP OR ADVICE?
Our Product Experts are here for you1-800-850-0335
The SpinLife Difference Includes:
15 FREE Frame Colors
Nord Lock Bolt System
Lifetime Limited Warranty
Made in the USA
- Three footrest choices
- Anti-tip/5th wheel for stability
- Custom built 7000 aluminum frame
- Adjustable tension seat and back upholstery
- Adjustable back height, center of gravity and front and rear seat heights.
The Top End T-5 7000 Series Tennis Chair is made of a lighter weight aluminum and is about two pounds lighter than the previously used aluminum, making the T-5 7000 Series more comparable to titanium frames. This tennis chair also features the Nord-Lock bolt securing system for the axle receivers.
The T-5 7000 Series Tennis Chair features a number of design changes for a sleeker and more secure chair. The head tube utilizes precision components that maximize stiffness, reduce play and improve overall responsiveness of the casters. Also, the frame members sleek and curved design add a sharp look to the camber tubes and anti-tip.
Benefits of 7000 Aluminum
Not only is this type of aluminum lighter than others, but it is also significantly stronger. The additional strength allows for a reduction in the wall thickness of the tubes which reduces weight of the chair. In addition, the rigidity and strength of the 7000 aluminum is further enhanced by Top End's sophisticated heat treating and powder coating process.
Nord-Lock Bolt Securing System
Axle receivers are locked into the frame with the Nord-Lock bolt securing system. This system minimizes axle play which makes the rear wheels more secure and solid, an important feature in a tennis chair. Nord-Lock bolts have been around since 1982 and they are highly effective in resisting loosening by vibrations and load.
Stronger material allows us to reduce wall thickness of the aluminum tubes, reducing the overall weight. Best of all, the rigidity and strength of a 7000 aluminum frame is further enhanced by Top End’s sophisticated heat treating and powder coating process.
Design: The Top End design team continues to improve the multiple components on the T-5 7000 Series Tennis wheelchair. This system minimizes axle play so that a player’s rear wheels are secure and solid for a confident feel. Lastly, the sleek curved frame members adds a sharp look to the camber tube and swivel anti-tip.
The Designer: Each T-5 7000 Series Tennis Wheelchair is custom built to each individual athlete’s specifications and this process is overseen by Paul Schulte, our Engineering Manager at Top End. Paul has been a member of the USA National Men’s Wheelchair Basketball Team for years playing in multiple Paralympic Games and has held many MVP titles both as a junior and in the men’s division of the NWBA.
*16 pounds frame weight is based upon a completely assembled chair with standard rear wheels, upholstery and footrest
View Detailed Measurement Guide
- Seat Depth1
- Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
- Measured from the seat base to the top of the wheelchair back. Depends on how much upper back support is needed, and also affects freedom for the upper body to rotate.
- Rear Seat to Floor3
- Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the wheelchair seat.
- Hanger Angle4
- Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width5
- Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Wheel Camber6
- Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical daily wheelchair uses three degrees of camber.
- Front Seat to Floor7
- Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the wheelchair will be foot-propelled.
- Footrest Width8
- Measure from the inside of each legrest tubing the distance or desired distance between legrests.
- Center of Gravity9
- Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axel.
- Seat to Footrest Length10
- Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
- Backrest Angle11
- Measure the the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurment for every .5" of dump.
|Seat to Floor Heights:
|14.5" to 21"
|Hemi Height Option:
|Fold-down back for easy transport:
|Reclining Back Option:
|Rear Wheel Size:
|12 ° to 20 °
|Pneumatic (air-filled) tire option:
|One-Arm Drive Option:
|Expedited Shipping Available:
|Product Weight Range:
|15 lbs to 20 lbs
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
This item is non-returnable for one of the following reasons:
- This item is custom-made by the manufacturer to suit your specific needs . Please review all specifications carefully before placing your order. Once production of your item has begun – the order is unable to be cancelled.
- For hygienic safety and per FDA regulations this item is non-returnable, even if unused.
- Once products are installed, the product is no longer returnable.
- Please inspect your product upon delivery. If the product is damaged or is not the correct product, please refuse the delivery. If your item was delivered without a signature and is damaged or incorrect please call SpinLife Customer Service.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.