Lightest weight pediatric chair on the market with built-in depth adjustability.
NEED HELP OR ADVICE?
Our Product Experts are here for you1-800-850-0335
The SpinLife Difference Includes:
FREE Curbside Delivery
16 FREE Colors
Angle Adjustable Back
Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Great growth options
- Variety of colors and size options for a customized chair
- Ovalized tubing decreases frame flex and increases rigidity
- Heat treated 7000 series aluminum frame for the lightest weight possible
The Zippie ZONE by Sunrise Medical is an innovative pediatric rigid chair with lots of features and options. It is the lightest weight pediatric chair on the market weighing as little as 14 lbs and the frame features Shapeloc Technology that is lighter than titanium, more rigid and less expensive. The chair also has a wheellock in the sideguard that is easy to reach and one lever locks both wheels and with a flip-up angle adjustable footrest the chair is easy to get in and out of.
The Zippie ZONE is geared towards those needing a functional but fun chair. It is available in a variety of frame colors and anodized color packages to customize your look. The chair has 3" of built-in depth adjustability, as well as an additional 2" of seat sling apholstry folded in the front so it can grow with your child. When the frame width needs to be adjusted it is as simple as replacing four tubes, the seat, back, camber and footrest. Additional adjustments on the Zippie ZONE include independent center of gravity adjustments in 1/4" increments (up to +2.25") and a backrest and axle system that adjust together to maintain the center of gravity to backrest position.
View Detailed Measurement Guide
- Seat Depth1
- Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
- Measured from the seat base to the top of the wheelchair back. Depends on how much upper back support is needed, and also affects freedom for the upper body to rotate.
- Rear Seat to Floor3
- Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the wheelchair seat.
- Hanger Angle4
- Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width5
- Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Wheel Camber6
- Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical daily wheelchair uses three degrees of camber.
- Front Seat to Floor7
- Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the wheelchair will be foot-propelled.
- Footrest Width8
- Measure from the inside of each legrest tubing the distance or desired distance between legrests.
- Center of Gravity9
- Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axel.
- Seat to Footrest Length10
- Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
- Backrest Angle11
- Measure the the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurment for every .5" of dump.
|Product Weight:||14 lbs.|
|Width of Seat:||
|Weight Capacity:||165 lbs|
|Depth of Seat:||
|Seat-to-Floor Height:||13" to 14"|
|Height Adjustable Armrests:||Yes|
|Seat to Floor Heights:||13" to 14"|
|Quick Release Axles:||Yes|
|Pneumatic (air-filled) Tire Option:||Yes|
|Rear Wheel Size Options:||
|Rear Wheel Size:||
|Pneumatic (air-filled) tire option:||Yes|
|Armrest Options:||Height Adjustable|
|Product Weight Range:||15 lbs or less|
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
|Product Weight:||14 lbs.|
Sunrise guarantees the frame and cross brace (if applicable) against defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the original purchaser.
One (1) Year
All Sunrise made parts and components are warranted for one (1) year against defects in materials and workmanship.
- We do not warrant:
- Tires and tubes, upholstery, pads and push-handle grips.
- Damage from neglect, accident, misuse, or from improper installation or repair.
- Products modified without Sunrise Medicals express written consent.
- Damage from exceeding the weight limit.
- This warranty is VOID if the original chair serial number tag is removed or altered.
- This warranty applies in the USA only. Check with your supplier to find out if international warranties apply.
- This warranty is not transferable and only applies to the first consumer purchase of this wheelchair through an authorized Sunrise Medical dealer.
This item is non-returnable for one of the following reasons:
- This item is custom-made by the manufacturer to suit your specific needs . Please review all specifications carefully before placing your order. Once production of your item has begun – the order is unable to be cancelled.
- For hygienic safety and per FDA regulations this item is non-returnable, even if unused.
- Once products are installed, the product is no longer returnable.
- Please inspect your product upon delivery. If the product is damaged or is not the correct product, please refuse the delivery. If your item was delivered without a signature and is damaged or incorrect please call SpinLife Customer Service.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.