Obi Independent Feeding Device
A groundbreaking device making independent dining possible for those with upper body extremity functionality limitations.
NEED HELP OR ADVICE?
Our Product Experts are here for you1-800-850-0335
- Robotic arm spoons up portions and brings it to your mouth
- Utilizing 6 motors for thousands of position possibilities
- Currently Shipping 2nd Generation
- A collision detector stops the arm and moves away
- Reusable, dishwasher safe plate and spoons
- Operates on rechargeable Lithium Ion battery.
The Obi is a first of its kind. It is a robotic arm device that provides dining assistance to those with upper body extremity limitations that may prevent them from feeding themselves. Obi has a plate with 4 compartments to hold the portions of a meal. Obi’s arm delivers the food from a bowl to the user’s mouth when the user selects the desired portion. The user has full control of what portion and when they wish to eat. Obi is capable of can deliver food via its robotic arm in any number of directions and positions while also controlling portion size and spoon wiping. The user easily controls Obi with Accessibility Switches which can be actuated by any part of the body. Obi can also be operated by Sip-and-Puff attachments.
What Makes This Different
Everything about Obi is unique. Besides being the first to give the freedom of self-dining back to those who have lost upper body capabilities, Obi also gives the user independence and the ability to share a meal in a social setting with family and friends. Safety and is also a feature of Obi. A Collision Detector will stop the arm and back it away from the user in the event of misuse or potential harm to the user.
Why We Like It
In addition to making independent dining and socializing with loved ones, the Obi is functionally simple and easy to maintain. The Obi plate, bowls, and spoon can be cleaned in the dishwasher. The device can also be wiped down and disinfected by hand after each meal. The Obi is powered by a rechargeable Li-Ion battery which provides 3-4 hours of usage per charge. The ability to hold a long charge, compact size and light weight of 7 pounds allows the Obi to easily be taken out of the home. Meals can be enjoyed at the homes of friends, family, or restaurants.
LIMITED WARRANTY TERM
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SERVICE
COST OF REPAIRS
- The following conditions apply:
- This item has a 20% Restocking Fee.
- You are responsible for the cost of return shipping and the product must be in the original packaging.
- All accessories and items that were included in the box must be returned.
- Items canceled after the product has already shipped will be considered a return.
- Delivery and service fees are not refundable.
- Mattresses ordered with beds are non-returnable.
- An RA (Return Authorization) from SpinLife must be requested within 10 business days of delivery.
- The item must be shipped back to the address noted on the RA within 15 business days.
- Once approved, your refund, minus any restocking and freight fees, will be issued to your original form of payment.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.