Liberty FT Basic
A self-propelling tilt wheelchair that is easy to transport and fold.
NEED HELP OR ADVICE?
Our Product Experts are here for you1-800-850-0335
The SpinLife Difference Includes:
Lifetime Limited Warranty
Made in the USA
- Only adult tilt-in-space wheelchair that can fold for transport
- Lightest adult tilt-In-space wheelchair
- Ability to be self-propel by hand or by foot
- Modular frame design allows for dimensional adjustments
The Ki Mobility Liberty FT is truly a unique tilt-in-space wheelchair. The Liberty FT is the only adult tilt-in-space wheelchair that can be folded for transport. The Liberty FT is also the lightest weight tilt-in-space wheelchair with total weight beginning around 40 lbs.- depending on the options you select. The tilt function allows for tilt angles from -5° to 25°. The tilt features of the Liberty FT provide the user relief from a static sitting position. The tilt function is a much better positioning option over just a simple recline ability of other reclining wheelchairs. The tilt function can provide pressure relief, facilitate proper posture and positioning and decrease the threat of shearing which is common with reclining wheelchairs.
What Makes It Different
Portability and self-propulsion are the two key features of the Liberty FT that separate it from other reclining wheelchairs. Tilt-In-space and reclining wheelchairs are typically very large and heavy, making transport them highly impractical. Most users of other tilt-in-space and reclining wheelchairs find it necessary to have two wheelchairs – one for accurate positioning and comfort at home and another for any trips outside of their residence. The Liberty FT eliminates that need for an additional chair because it is foldable and light-weight. The tilt function of most tilt-in-space wheelchairs cause the wheelchair to either be prone to tipping or are time-consuming and/or difficult to navigate effectively. The Liberty FT’s front seat or knee pivot tilt function allows the rear wheels to be positioned where the user is able to reach them and push the wheelchair by hand. The tilt location of the Liberty FT also makes it possible for the user’s feet to have ground contact if needed with a low seat-to-floor height. This enables the user to propel the wheelchair with their feet if desired.
Why We Like It
The Ki Mobility Liberty FT is appropriately named. Instead of being stuck at home by a tilt or reclining wheelchair that either makes travel too difficult or requires the purchase of an additional wheelchair which does not provide proper positioning, The Liberty FT is an easy-to-fold, light-weight transport wheelchair that the user can self-propel. Propulsion can be accomplished with hands or feet. The tilt function provides proper positioning, pressure relief, comfort and even aid in eating. The aluminum modular adaptable frame has growth width ranges of 14” - 18”, 16” – 20”, and 18” – 22”. There is also 2” of adjustment for seat depth. The tilt range can adjust from -5° to 25° so you can find your ideal position for comfort. The visual appeal of the Liberty FT is an additional bonus. Other tilt-in-space wheelchairs are big and bulky. The Liberty FT is compact and has the appearance of a sporty lightweight wheelchair. Recliner wheelchairs are typically only available in either a chrome or black finish. The Liberty FT is available in 21 color options allowing you to customize the wheelchair to reflect your personality.
View Detailed Measurement Guide
- Seat Depth1
- Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
- Measured from the seat base to the top of the wheelchair back. Depends on how much upper back support is needed, and also affects freedom for the upper body to rotate.
- Rear Seat to Floor3
- Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the wheelchair seat.
- Hanger Angle4
- Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width5
- Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Wheel Camber6
- Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical daily wheelchair uses three degrees of camber.
- Front Seat to Floor7
- Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the wheelchair will be foot-propelled.
- Footrest Width8
- Measure from the inside of each legrest tubing the distance or desired distance between legrests.
- Center of Gravity9
- Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axel.
- Seat to Footrest Length10
- Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
- Backrest Angle11
- Measure the the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurment for every .5" of dump.
|Product Weight:||25 lbs.|
|Seat to Floor Heights:||13" to 20"|
|Front Seat to Floor Height:||13" to 20"|
|Fold-down back for easy transport:||Yes|
|Rear Wheel Size:||
|Product Weight Range:||20 lbs to 30 lbs|
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
|Product Weight:||25.8 lbs.|
1. We do not warrant:
a. Notify Ki Mobility, via an authorized supplier, prior to the end of the warranty period and
This item is non-returnable for one of the following reasons:
- This item is custom-made by the manufacturer to suit your specific needs . Please review all specifications carefully before placing your order. Once production of your item has begun – the order is unable to be cancelled.
- For hygienic safety and per FDA regulations this item is non-returnable, even if unused.
- Please inspect your product upon delivery. If the product is damaged or is not the correct product, please refuse the delivery. If your item was delivered without a signature and is damaged or incorrect please call SpinLife Customer Service.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.