Catalyst 5 Ti
Titanium folding frame that is just as beautiful as it is lightweight and strong.
NEED HELP OR ADVICE?
Our Product Experts are here for you1-800-850-0335
The SpinLife Difference Includes:
Made in the USA
- Titanium Folding Chair with 300 lbs. Capacity
- Universal Axle Plate
- Reclining Backrest Option
- “Between-The-Rails” Seat Design
- Optional Titanium Cross Brace
The Catalyst 5Ti is made from the ultra-light, high-strength Ti3AL/2.5 titanium alloy. This alloy has a strength to weight ratio twice that of 6061 series aluminum. You also have the option to upgrade the frame or cross brace to titanium. Ki Mobility’s uniquely designed cross brace provides the feel of a rigid frame wheelchair with the convenience of a folding frame. The Catalyst line offers a Dual Interlocking Cross Brace. This design creates a frame that locks together so that it minimizes unwanted movement and maximizes the energy transferred in each of your pushes making your push as efficient as possible. The “Between-The-Rails” Seat Design has the seat frame tubing setting side-by-side rather than stacking them atop one another. Instead of the weight of the user resting on the cross brace, the weight is transferred to the side frames. This prevents having to use heavy cross braces which add weight to other manufacturer’s wheelchairs.
Even how the Catalyst 5Ti folds and unfolds is unique. A Power X-Hinge is an extending link from the frame to the cross brace that expands and contracts when the frame is opening or closing. Another benefit of the Power X-Hinge is how it improves the frame’s structural integrity. The extending link provides the frame’s strength and rigidity rather than the seat upholstery. The Power X-Hinge works so well your Catalyst 5Ti will be just as solid with or without the seat upholstery.
Not to be forgotten are Ki Mobility’s one of a kind legrests. The legrests can be mounted or removed from any angle. No need to rotate all the way or all the way out like those from other manufacturers.
What Makes This Different
The finish of a titanium frame is unique in itself. There is no paint, just the natural titanium which is highly resistant to scratching and corrosion so your wheelchair will continue looking sleek and new for years. The Universal Axle Plate is a primary feature of the Catalyst 5Ti. The Universal Axle Plate allows you to select and set seat to floor heights in ½” increments. The Universal Axle Plates versatility also allows you to adjust your center of gravity over a 3” range. So can set your Catalyst 5Ti’s center of gravity at easy to respond or steady and stable. If you would like to decrease the weight of your Catalyst 5Ti by a half pound, you can add the option of a titanium cross brace.
Why We Like It
The Catalyst 5Ti is the same wheelchair of the Catalyst 5, but with a titanium frame replacing the aluminum. Titanium will provide better vibration dampening, a lighter weight, and a frame that is far better at preventing scratching and corrosion. A standard 300 lbs. weight capacity is also a tremendous for those needing more than the typical 250 lbs. capacity found on most ultra-lightweight wheelchairs.
View Detailed Measurement Guide
- Seat Depth1
- Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
- Measured from the seat base to the top of the wheelchair back. Depends on how much upper back support is needed, and also affects freedom for the upper body to rotate.
- Rear Seat to Floor3
- Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the wheelchair seat.
- Hanger Angle4
- Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width5
- Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Wheel Camber6
- Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical daily wheelchair uses three degrees of camber.
- Front Seat to Floor7
- Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the wheelchair will be foot-propelled.
- Footrest Width8
- Measure from the inside of each legrest tubing the distance or desired distance between legrests.
- Center of Gravity9
- Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axel.
- Seat to Footrest Length10
- Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
- Backrest Angle11
- Measure the the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurment for every .5" of dump.
|Product Weight:||19 lbs.|
|Seat to Floor Heights:||15" to 21"|
|Front Seat to Floor Height:||15" to 21"|
|Rear Seat to Floor Height:||11" to 20"|
|Reclining Back Option:||Yes|
|Rear Wheel Size:||
|Pneumatic (air-filled) tire option:||Yes|
|One-Arm Drive Option:||Yes|
|Product Weight Range:||15 lbs to 20 lbs|
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
|Product Weight:||18.9 lbs.|
Limitations to the Warranty
1. We do not warrant:
a. Wear items: Upholstery, tires, armrest pads, tubes, armrests and push-handle grips.
b. Damage resulting from neglect, misuse or from improper installation or repair.
c. Damage from exceeding weight limit.
2. This warranty is VOID if the original chair serial number tag is removed or altered.
3. This warranty is VOID if the original chair has been modified from its original condition and it is determined that the modification resulted in failure.
4. This warranty applies in the USA and Canada only. Check with your supplier to find out if international warranties apply.
Ki Mobility’s Responsibility
Ki Mobility’s only liability is to replace or repair, at our discretion, the covered parts. There are no other remedies, expressed or implied.
a. Notify Ki Mobility, via an authorized supplier, prior to the end of the warranty period and get a return authorization (RA) for the return or repair of the covered parts.
b. Have the supplier send the authorized return, freight pre-paid, to:
5201 Woodward Drive
Stevens Point, WI 54481
c. Pay any charges for labor to repair or install parts.
This item is non-returnable for one of the following reasons:
- This item is custom-made by the manufacturer to suit your specific needs . Please review all specifications carefully before placing your order. Once production of your item has begun – the order is unable to be cancelled.
- For hygienic safety and per FDA regulations this item is non-returnable, even if unused.
- Please inspect your product upon delivery. If the product is damaged or is not the correct product, please refuse the delivery. If your item was delivered without a signature and is damaged or incorrect please call SpinLife Customer Service.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.