Read 13 reviews
See if it's been answered or post a new one
Ergo Flightby Karman Healthcare (Model No. S-2512)
- Easy-To-Fold Design
- FREE Anti-Bacterial Cushion
- Swing-Away Footrests
- Fixed Height Arms
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Built in Anti-bacterial cushion
- Ergonomic Concaved arm pads
- Removable Swing Away footrests
- Folding Backrest
- Companion Brakes
- Quick-Release Axles: Yes
- Weight capacity: 220 lbs.
- Starting Weight: 14.5 lbs.
- View All Specs
Overview of the Ergo Flight
The Ergo Flight is a lightweight aluminum wheelchair designed for the ultimate mobility experience at a competitive price. At 19.8 lbs. this chair is easy to pick up, fold up, and transport in any vehicle. A folding backrest and seat, with optional quick release wheels, makes folding and breakdown quick and simple.
*19.8 lbs is weight weight without the footrests.
What Makes This Different
If you've been looking for the freedom of a light wheelchair but the cost of custom ultralightweight chairs have been prohibitive, the Ergo Flight is a great solution. The manufacturer mixes a competitive metal (aircraft grade T6 aluminum) and the most efficient geometry design to accomplish a frame weight of only 14.5 lbs. Ergo Flight is one of the lightest wheelchairs on the market today.
Why We Like It
The Ergo Flight is loaded with features including an anti-bacterial cushion, removable footrests, and 20" flat-free rear wheels. The ergonomic S-Style shaped frame and seat provides pressure relief and comfort while preventing slippage. A pocket behind the backrest comes standard for storage, and small carry pouches on each of the armrests are provided for wallets, cell phones, and other personal items.
What You Need To Know
The Ergo Flight comes in a Pearlescent Silver finish and two seat width options, 16" or 18". Companion Brakes come standard to allow the caretaker ultimate control of the chair at all times.
View Detailed Measurement Guide
- Seat Depth1
- Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
- Measured from the seat base to the top of the wheelchair back. Depends on how much upper back support is needed, and also affects freedom for the upper body to rotate.
- Rear Seat to Floor3
- Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the wheelchair seat.
- Hanger Angle4
- Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width5
- Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Wheel Camber6
- Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical daily wheelchair uses three degrees of camber.
- Front Seat to Floor7
- Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the wheelchair will be foot-propelled.
- Footrest Width8
- Measure from the inside of each legrest tubing the distance or desired distance between legrests.
- Center of Gravity9
- Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axel.
- Seat to Footrest Length10
- Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
- Backrest Angle11
- Measure the the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurment for every .5" of dump.
Specifications for the Ergo Flight
|Overall Width Open - Add to Seat Width:||9.00"|
|Fold-down back for easy transport:||Yes|
|Reclining Back Option:||No|
|Rear Wheel Size:||20"|
|Pneumatic (air-filled) tire option:||No|
|Armrest Options:||Fixed Height|
|Legrest Options:||Swing Away|
|Expedited Shipping Available:||No|
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
|Product Weight:||14.5 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight:||25.00 lbs.|
Ergo Flight Reviews
Warranty Information for the Ergo FlightKARMAN WHEELCHAIR LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY
Karman warrants the wheelchair main frame against defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the product, including crossbraces, side frames, backrests frames, from purchase date. This warranty is extended only to original purchasers of our products. Warranty is not transferable.
Parts or materials which are subject to normal wear and which must be replaced/repaired are the owner’s responsibility and are not covered by warranty. Arm pads and upholsteries are not covered by warranty.
If within such warranty period, any such product is proven to Karman’s satisfaction to be defective, such product shall be repaired or replaced at Karman option. In no case are goods to be returned without first obtaining an R.M.A. (Returned Merchandise Authorization) number issued by Karman and that the part in question is returned insured with freight prepaid to Karman, within the period of warranty. Labor charge incurred in the installation or repair of the above-mentioned parts plus all freight charges are not included in the warranty.
If Karman does not have a completed Warranty Registration Card on file for the consumer’s product, then a copy of the invoice with date of purchase must be provided. The warranty is void on wheelchairs that have had the serial # tag removed or altered.
Products which have been subject to negligence, abuse, improper storage or handling, improper operation, unauthorized modifications or misuse are not covered by this warranty. Karman Healthcare will not warrant the frame or any parts damaged when the maximum weight limit is exceeded. Warranty applies in the U.S. only.
SpinLife Return Policy for the Ergo FlightThis item is covered by the SpinLife "Best on the Web" 30-Day Return Policy.
As stated in the full Return Policy, this item may be returned within 30 days of receipt for a full refund as long as the following conditions are met:
- The item must be returned at the customer’s expense in the original packaging.
- The item must be in new condition--no cracks, scratches or dirty tires.
- A Return Authorization must be requested from SpinLife within 30 days of delivery.
- Once the Return Authorization has been received from SpinLife, the product must be returned within 14 days to receive a refund.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.
Customize & Buy