Helio C2by Motion Composites (Model No. HC2)
- Easy-To-Fold Design
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
- Lightweight carbon body
- Symmetrical crossbrace
- Ultrarigid Folding System (UFS)
- Quick-Release Axles: Yes
- Weight capacity: 250 lbs.
- Starting Weight: 28 lbs.
- View All Specs
Overview of the Helio C2
The Helio C2 Carbon Fiber Ultralightweight Wheelchair by Motion Composites provides the ease of portability of a typical folding wheelchair with the great benefits of ultralightweight rigid chairs. Highly configurable, ultralight and super adjustable, the Helio C2 Ultralightweight Wheelchair can be easily customized to fit your active lifestyle.
What Makes This Different
The Helio C2 features a rigid unibody frame, which provides added strength and durability than a standard two-part frame, while also cutting down on maintenance. This tough, high-end design allows for the chair’s reduced weight while maximizing the chair’s propulsion efficiency. The symmetrical crossbrace of the Helio C2 is made of ultralight carbon, which increases energy distribution of the chair and reduces the torsion; allowing you to spend less effort on-the-go.
Why We Like It
The 12 pound transport weight and 28 pound starting weight, ultralight carbon frame of the Helio C2 is built to last with its high strength-to-weight ratio. Designed with weight reduction in mind, every component of the Helio C2 Ultralightweight Wheelchair is made to be as light as possible while maintaining high performance. The C2’s castors feature a durable, embedded caster housing, which allows you to make simple and precise adjustments to your casters. The Helio C2’s HD package raises the chair’s weight capacity to 350 pounds, while adding just 6 ounces of overall weight to the trim frame.
Complementing the Helio C2 is the array of Motion Composites’ Newton Accessories, including the Newton One spoke wheels and Newton Gravity ultralight wheels.
View Detailed Measurement Guide
- Seat Depth1
- Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
- Measured from the seat base to the top of the wheelchair back. Depends on how much upper back support is needed, and also affects freedom for the upper body to rotate.
- Rear Seat to Floor3
- Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the wheelchair seat.
- Hanger Angle4
- Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width5
- Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Wheel Camber6
- Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical daily wheelchair uses three degrees of camber.
- Front Seat to Floor7
- Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the wheelchair will be foot-propelled.
- Footrest Width8
- Measure from the inside of each legrest tubing the distance or desired distance between legrests.
- Center of Gravity9
- Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axel.
- Seat to Footrest Length10
- Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
- Backrest Angle11
- Measure the the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurment for every .5" of dump.
Specifications for the Helio C2
|Frame Type:||Folding/Rigid Hybrid|
|Overall Width Open - Add to Seat Width:||7.50"|
|Seat to Floor Heights:||12.5" to 21.25"|
|Rear Wheel Size:||
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
|Product Weight:||28 lbs.|
Warranty Information for the Helio C25-Year Limited Warranty
Frame: Five Years
Motion Composites warrants the wheelchair frame and cross braces against defects in materials and workmanship for five (5) years from the date of purchase.
Components: One year
Motion Composites warrants all Motion Composites-made components against defects in materials and workmanship for one (1) year from the date of purchase, except for the parts listed below.
Limitations and Exclusions:
Motion Composites covers the following items for 30 days:
Tires and tubes from front or rear wheels, upholstery (including cushions, seat slings, armrest upholstery) and push-handle grips.
This warranty does not cover damages arising from normal wear and tear or from other circumstances beyond Motion Composites’ control; or the foregoing warranty shall not apply if: the original Motion Composites serial number tag has been removed, altered or defaced; or the wheelchair has been subjected to negligence, accident, improper maintenance, storage or operation as required by your Motion Composites Owners Manual, commercial institutional use, misuse or abuse, including, but not limited to, exceeding the maximum weight capacity of 250 pounds or 350 pounds if equipped with HD Kit, the wheelchair has been damaged by improper repairs or the repairs made to any component without the express written consent of Motion Composites or the Wheelchair has been modified without Motion Composites’ express written consent, including, but not limited to, modification through the use of unauthorized parts or attachments or the wheelchair has been used as a weight training apparatus or the wheelchair’s Transit Tie-Down System (TTDS) has been misused; if TTDS is not attached to the four tarpaulin bows identified and installed by Motion Composites.
*This warranty is extended only to the original consumer purchasers of Motion Composites’ product
SpinLife Return Policy for the Helio C2This item is custom-made by the manufacturer to suit your specific needs and is therefore non-returnable.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.
Customize & Buy