Read 14 reviews
See if it's been answered or post a new one
Hybrid 2by Medline (Model No. MDS806HYBRID)
- "Best on the Web" Return Policy
- Easy-To-Fold Design
- 24" and 8" Rear Wheels
- Quick Release Axles
- Swing-Away Footrests
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- FREE Aluminum Quad Cane with Purchase!
- Rear wheels easily remove with the push of a button
- Comfortable black nylon upholstery
- Swing-away footrests and anti-tippers are standard
- Quick-Release Axles: Yes
- Weight capacity: 300 lbs.
- Weight: 33 lbs.
- View All Specs
Manuals, Literature & Videos for the Hybrid 2
Overview of the Hybrid 2
The Medline Hybrid 2 is a standard wheelchair and transport chair in one. Included in the price is a set of 24" rear wheels for self-propel use and 8" rear wheels for companion use. When the larger 24" wheels are used the chair weighs 33 pounds and with the smaller 8" wheels the chair weighs just 24 pounds. The wheels remove with just the push of a button, making it quick and easy to change your needs.
The Hybrid 2 is available in a 16" or 18" seat width and desk length arms. The desk length armrests are great for use at a table or desk because the shorter length allows for the chair to pull up closer to the table surface. The Hybrid 2 has standard swing-away footrests with composite footplates and the elevating legrests option features padded calf pads and is recommended for patients who need to raise their legs to alleviate edema and swelling.
What You Need To Know:
The 16" chair has an overall width of 24.5" with the large wheels on. With the large wheels removed, the width is 23.25".
The 18" chair has an overall width of 26.5" with the large wheels on. With the large wheels removed, the width is 25.25".
View Detailed Measurement Guide
- Seat Depth1
- Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
- Measured from the seat base to the top of the wheelchair back. Depends on how much upper back support is needed, and also affects freedom for the upper body to rotate.
- Rear Seat to Floor3
- Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the wheelchair seat.
- Hanger Angle4
- Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width5
- Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Wheel Camber6
- Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical daily wheelchair uses three degrees of camber.
- Front Seat to Floor7
- Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the wheelchair will be foot-propelled.
- Footrest Width8
- Measure from the inside of each legrest tubing the distance or desired distance between legrests.
- Center of Gravity9
- Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axel.
- Seat to Footrest Length10
- Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
- Backrest Angle11
- Measure the the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurment for every .5" of dump.
Specifications for the Hybrid 2
|Overall Width Open - Add to Seat Width:||7.50"|
|Seat to Floor Height:||20.00"|
|Hemi Height Option:||No|
|Fold-down back for easy transport:||No|
|Reclining Back Option:||No|
|Rear Wheel Size:||
|Pneumatic (air-filled) tire option:||No|
|One-Arm Drive Option:||No|
|Expedited Shipping Available:||Yes|
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
|Product Weight:||33 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight:||40.00 lbs.|
Manuals & Literature
Hybrid 2 Reviews
Warranty Information for the Hybrid 2
Lifetime Limited Warranty
Your Medline brand product is warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a lifetime for the
original consumer. This device was built to precise standards and carefully inspected prior to shipment. This
Lifetime Limited Warranty is an expression of our confidence in the material and workmanship of our products and assures years of convenient, dependable service. In the event of a defect covered by this warranty, we will, at our option, repair or replace the device. This warranty does not cover device failure due to owner misuse, negligence, or normal wear and tear. The warranty does not extend to non-durable components such as rubber accessories, brakes and grips, which are subject to normal wear and replacement. If you have a question about your Medline product or this warranty, please call us at 1-800-MEDLINE. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you many have other rights, which vary from state to state.
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY:
1 YEAR WARRANTY:
Any other “wearable” parts
SpinLife Return Policy for the Hybrid 2This item is covered by the SpinLife "Best on the Web" 30-Day Return Policy.
As stated in the full Return Policy, this item may be returned within 30 days of receipt for a full refund as long as the following conditions are met:
- The item must be returned at the customer’s expense in the original packaging.
- The item must be in new condition--no cracks, scratches or dirty tires.
- A Return Authorization must be requested from SpinLife within 30 days of delivery.
- Once the Return Authorization has been received from SpinLife, the product must be returned within 14 days to receive a refund.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.
Popular Related Items
Our Price: $24.00You Save: $4.75
Our Price: $59.00You Save: $16.40
Our Price: $223.00You Save: $88.97
Customize & Buy