- Fits on most ultra lightweight chairs
- 3 wristbands sizes
- 12 mile driving range
- 5.5 mph max speed on flat ground
- 5.3 mph max speed on 6 degree incline
Manuals, Literature & Videos for the SmartDrive MX2
Overview of the SmartDrive MX2
The revolutionary SmartDrive power assist by Max Mobility is changing the world of ultra-light weight wheelchairs. SmartDrive is an easy to install attachment for manual wheelchairs that gives that extra boost to make traveling long distances or over thick carpet easy. The SmartDrive motor connects to the axle under the wheelchair with a simple click and is controlled with a bluetooth wristband. With one tap of the wrist the SmartDrive can go up to 5.5mph with a drive range up to 12 miles on one charge. SmartDrive is powered by a lithium-ion battery that can be charged every day after use.
Why We Like It
SmartDrive is easy to operate. You start by propelling the wheelchair forward to engage the motor. Then wristband and motor registers the motion and turns on, when you are ready to turn off SmartDrive you simply tap the wristband.
The wristband comes set in training mode to help you get accustom to using SmartDrive, but you can turn the training mode off by pressing down the button on the wristband. The motor comes completely sealed and water resistant, so you can drive in the rain or through puddles. Make sure to check out the videos on this page for more detail on how it works.
What You Need To Know
It is encouraged that you plug the motor battery in every night, after use. This will help keep the lift span of the lithium-ion battery. The motor has 4 blue lights to let you know when the battery is fully charged or getting low. The wristband also comes with an adapter so it can be charged regularly. Make sure the wristband and motor are powered off when charging. Inside the box there are 3 wristbands, 1 small, 1 medium and 1 large, for your convenience.
View Detailed Measurement Guide
- Seat Depth1
- Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
- Measured from the seat base to the top of the wheelchair back. Depends on how much upper back support is needed, and also affects freedom for the upper body to rotate.
- Rear Seat to Floor3
- Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the wheelchair seat.
- Hanger Angle4
- Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width5
- Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Wheel Camber6
- Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical daily wheelchair uses three degrees of camber.
- Front Seat to Floor7
- Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the wheelchair will be foot-propelled.
- Footrest Width8
- Measure from the inside of each legrest tubing the distance or desired distance between legrests.
- Center of Gravity9
- Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axel.
- Seat to Footrest Length10
- Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
- Backrest Angle11
- Measure the the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurment for every .5" of dump.
More Information on the SmartDrive MX2
SpinLife Return Policy for the SmartDrive MX2
This item is custom-made by the manufacturer to suit your specific needs and is therefore non-returnable
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.
More Information on the SmartDrive MX2