4 Position Clinical Care Reclinerby Drive Medical (Model No. D577)
- Comfortable recliner with a large molded tray
- Padded, angled armrests
- 4 positions for maximum flexibility: upright, TV, Full Recline and Trendelenburg
- Neutral color and durable fabric that resists soiling
- Quick-Release Axles: No
- Weight capacity: 250 lbs.
- Weight: 115 lbs.
- View All Specs
Overview of the 4 Position Clinical Care Recliner
This recliner from Drive Medical offers 4 comfortable positions: upright, TV, Full Recline and Trendelenburg. This is attained via the gas cylinder release handle that can be operated from either side of the recliner. It comes standard with a built in headrest, comfortable upholstery and large molded trays. The chair also features 5" wheels that lock for safety, wide padded armrests, and "pop off" side panels for easy cleaning. The suspension of this chair is self-adjusting in order to prevent bottoming out, and the chair is covered in a fabric that resists soiling. The seat is 21.5"W x 19.5"D. There is a limited lifetime warranty on the chair's frame and a 1 year warranty on the upholstery and moving parts and the weight capacity is 250lbs.
What Makes This Different
This chair is special because of its 4-way recline that lets you chose from a variety of positions. This is not typically seen in other similar reclining chairs, and allows many diffferent configurations.
Why We Like It
From the leg rest to headrest, the tray and the 4 reclining features, this chair is made to be customizable to any situation, and more importantly, it is comfortable! Sit back and utilize the great features of this recliner that make adjusting to any activity a breeze.
What You Need to Know When Ordering
This product will leave the warehouse in 3-5 business days.
View Detailed Measurement Guide
- Seat Depth1
- Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
- Measured from the seat base to the top of the wheelchair back. Depends on how much upper back support is needed, and also affects freedom for the upper body to rotate.
- Rear Seat to Floor3
- Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the wheelchair seat.
- Hanger Angle4
- Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width5
- Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Wheel Camber6
- Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical daily wheelchair uses three degrees of camber.
- Front Seat to Floor7
- Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the wheelchair will be foot-propelled.
- Footrest Width8
- Measure from the inside of each legrest tubing the distance or desired distance between legrests.
- Center of Gravity9
- Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axel.
- Seat to Footrest Length10
- Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
- Backrest Angle11
- Measure the the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurment for every .5" of dump.
Specifications for the 4 Position Clinical Care Recliner
|Overall Width Open - Add to Seat Width:||8.50"|
|Seat to Floor Height:||26.50"|
|Hemi Height Option:||No|
|Fold-down back for easy transport:||No|
|Reclining Back Option:||Yes|
|Pneumatic (air-filled) tire option:||No|
|One-Arm Drive Option:||No|
|Armrest Options:||Fixed Height|
|Expedited Shipping Available:||No|
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
|Product Weight:||115 lbs.|
Warranty Information for the 4 Position Clinical Care ReclinerDrive Medical Limited Lifetime Wheelchair Warranty
If you have a problem with your wheelchair, simply call one of our expert customer service representatives; SpinLife.com will have the parts shipped to you – free of charge. Every effort will be made to return your wheelchair to working condition in the shortest time possible.
The following parts will be repaired or replaced at our discretion, free of charge, for the following allowable time periods from the date of purchase.
All Durable Parts
Tires, Upholstery, other non-durable parts
All of the previous parts are covered for defect in material and/or workmanship. Any abuse or intentional misuse of the wheelchair will void the warranty.
SpinLife Return Policy for the 4 Position Clinical Care ReclinerThis item is covered by the SpinLife "Best on the Web" 30-Day Return Policy.
As stated in the full Return Policy, this item may be returned within 30 days of receipt for a full refund as long as the following conditions are met:
- The item must be returned at the customer’s expense in the original packaging.
- The item must be in new condition--no cracks, scratches or dirty tires.
- A Return Authorization must be requested from SpinLife within 30 days of delivery.
- Once the Return Authorization has been received from SpinLife, the product must be returned within 14 days to receive a refund.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.
Customize & Buy