Read 1 reviews
See if it's been answered or post a new one
Swing-Away Amputee Supportby Comfort Company (Model No. AMPSA)
- "Best on the Web" Return Policy
- Swing-Away Hardware
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Installs on left or right side
- Fits most wheelchair models
- Works with most wheelchair cushions
- Available in a standard 10" length or upgrade to 14" length
- Adduction pad helps center residual limb
- Weight capacity: 100 lbs.
- Weight: 2 lbs.
- View All Specs
Overview of the Swing-Away Amputee Support
The Comfort Company Swing-Away Amputee Support easily installs on most wheelchair models with tubing sizes from 7/8" to 1" in diameter. The quick release swing-away feature allows for easier transfers in and out of the wheelchair, while the toggle lever allows the Amputee pad to be positioned at multiple angles.
The Amputee pad is height adjustable up to four inches to accommodate different cushion sizes and can be depth adjusted up to three inches allowing the pad to work with wheelchair depth conversion kits. The foam cushion has a dual layer comfort layer; a soft entry layer for comfort and a firmer base layer for support. The pad cover is made from Comfort-Tek fabric that is fluid proof, easy to clean, multi-direction stretchable and has pressure alleviating properties.
View Detailed Measurement Guide
- Seat Depth1
- Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
- Measured from the seat base to the top of the wheelchair back. Depends on how much upper back support is needed, and also affects freedom for the upper body to rotate.
- Rear Seat to Floor3
- Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the wheelchair seat.
- Hanger Angle4
- Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width5
- Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Wheel Camber6
- Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical daily wheelchair uses three degrees of camber.
- Front Seat to Floor7
- Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the wheelchair will be foot-propelled.
- Footrest Width8
- Measure from the inside of each legrest tubing the distance or desired distance between legrests.
- Center of Gravity9
- Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axel.
- Seat to Footrest Length10
- Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
- Backrest Angle11
- Measure the the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurment for every .5" of dump.
Specifications for the Swing-Away Amputee Support
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
|Product Weight:||2 lbs.|
Swing-Away Amputee Support Reviews
Warranty Information for the Swing-Away Amputee SupportThe Comfort Company products are guaranteed for life against manufacturer's defects. We will gladly repair or replace any products at no charge to you.
SpinLife Return Policy for the Swing-Away Amputee SupportThis item is covered by the SpinLife "Best on the Web" 30-Day Return Policy with a required Restocking Fee.
As stated in the full Return Policy, this item may be returned within 30 days of receipt for a refund as long as the following conditions are met:
- The item must be returned at the customer's expense in the original packaging.
- The item must be in new condition--no cracks, scratches or dirty tires.
- A Return Authorization must be requested from SpinLife within 30 days of delivery.
- Once the Return Authorization has been received from SpinLife, the product must be returned within 14 days to receive a refund.
- A 15% Restocking Fee is required to return this item.
- Lift Chairs with upgraded fabrics and Heat and Massage options are non-returnable.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.
Customize & Buy