Read 35 reviews
See if it's been answered or post a new one
Full Reclining Wheelchairby ProBasics (Model No. 1816/18/20)
- "Best on the Web" Return Policy
- Removable Desk Length Armrests
- Elevating Legrests
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Reclines up to 180º
- Padded removable desk length arms
- Padded elevating legrests
- Available in 16", 18" and 20" seat widths
- Quick-Release Axles: No
- Weight capacity: 300 lbs.
- Weight: 62 lbs.
- View All Specs
Manuals, Literature & Videos for the Full Reclining Wheelchair
Overview of the Full Reclining Wheelchair
The Pro Basic's Full Reclining Wheelchair's value is unmatched. It has padded, removable desk length arms and padded elevating legrests standard. An easy to use reclining mechanism with finger release metal clips for durability allows the chair's back to recline smoothly. It also has vinyl upholstery, composite mag wheels and rear anti-tippers along with a headrest extension. The Full Reclining Wheelchair is available in 16", 18" and 20" seat widths to accommodate a variety of users and has a 300 lb. weight capacity.
View Detailed Measurement Guide
- Seat Depth1
- Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
- Measured from the seat base to the top of the wheelchair back. Depends on how much upper back support is needed, and also affects freedom for the upper body to rotate.
- Rear Seat to Floor3
- Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the wheelchair seat.
- Hanger Angle4
- Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width5
- Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Wheel Camber6
- Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical daily wheelchair uses three degrees of camber.
- Front Seat to Floor7
- Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the wheelchair will be foot-propelled.
- Footrest Width8
- Measure from the inside of each legrest tubing the distance or desired distance between legrests.
- Center of Gravity9
- Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axel.
- Seat to Footrest Length10
- Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
- Backrest Angle11
- Measure the the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurment for every .5" of dump.
Specifications for the Full Reclining Wheelchair
|Overall Width:||26" to 30"|
|Overall Width Open - Add to Seat Width:||10.00"|
|Seat to Floor Height:||19.50"|
|Hemi Height Option:||No|
|Fold-down back for easy transport:||No|
|Reclining Back Option:||Yes|
|Rear Wheel Size:||24"|
|Pneumatic (air-filled) tire option:||No|
|One-Arm Drive Option:||No|
|Expedited Shipping Available:||No|
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
|Product Weight:||62 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight:||75.00 lbs.|
Manuals & Literature
Full Reclining Wheelchair Reviews
Warranty Information for the Full Reclining WheelchairLifetime Limited Warranty
PMI warrants its products to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the lifetime of use by original purchaser. If within such warranty period any such product shall be proven to be defective, such product shall be repaired or replaced, at PMI's option.
This warranty does not include any labor or shipping charges incurred in replacement part installation or repair of any such product. PMI's sole obligation and your exclusive remedy under this warranty shall be limited to such repair and/or replacement.
For warranty service please contact the dealer from whom you purchased your PMI product. PMI will use a return authorization (RA). The defective unit or parts must be returned for warranty inspection using the serial number, when applicable, as identification within 30 days of RA date. Do not return product to PMI without prior consent. COD shipments will be refused, please prepay shipping charges.
Limitations and Exclusions: The warranty shall not apply to problems arising from normal wear and tear or fail to adhere to the enclosed instructions. In addition, the foregoing warranty shall not apply to serial numbered products if the serial number has been defaced or removed; products subjected to negligence, accident, improper operation, maintenance or storage; or products modified without PMI's express written consent. Such evaluation shall be solely determined by PMI.
SpinLife Return Policy for the Full Reclining WheelchairThis item is covered by the SpinLife "Best on the Web" 30-Day Return Policy.
As stated in the full Return Policy, this item may be returned within 30 days of receipt for a full refund as long as the following conditions are met:
- The item must be returned at the customer’s expense in the original packaging.
- The item must be in new condition--no cracks, scratches or dirty tires.
- A Return Authorization must be requested from SpinLife within 30 days of delivery.
- Once the Return Authorization has been received from SpinLife, the product must be returned within 14 days to receive a refund.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.
Customize & Buy