Read 42 reviews
See if it's been answered or post a new one
Evolutionby Varilite (Model No. EVOLUTION)
- "Best on the Web" Return Policy
- Free Shipping for Orders over $50
- No Sales Tax
- Cushion Cover
- 2 Year Limited Warranty
- Recommended for those with a high risk of skin breakdown and symmetric positioning needs
- Choose either a Standard air valve or Pressure Setting Valve for easy inflation
- Available in over 10 sizes
- Select either a standard mesh cover or incontinence cover
- Conforms to individual contours and distributes load over the entire cushion surface
- Provides firmer support to the perimeter areas and softer foam in the decubitus-sensitive areas for pressure relief
Your Risk of Skin Breakdown:
- Weight capacity: 500 lbs.
- Weight: 2 lbs.
- View All Specs
Overview of the Evolution
The Evolution cushion from Varilite features three layers of foam for support and prevention of bottoming out with an air cushion layer for pressure management. This cushion also has different choices of air valves and cushion covers. The Evolution does not require air pumps, kneading or manipulation, it is an easy to use and low maintenance cushion.
What Makes This Different
Soft, medium and firm foam layers provide varying levels of support. The soft layer protects the decubitis-sensitive area, the medium foam is for the thigh trough, pelvic bucketing and pre-ischial bar and the firm foam is for the perimeter and medial thigh separator. The foam layers compress under the load while the air layer provides optimum pressure management.
Why We Like It
The Evolution cushion does not need to be pumped up in order to inflate, rather the air valve should be opened by turning it counter-clockwise. Two different valve types are available to help select proper levels of inflation. The Standard valve provides customized inflation because the pressure is monitored manually. The valve should be opened to fully inflate the cushion and then the user should sit on it and allow enough air to release so that the user sinks down 1 to 2 inches, then close the valve. The Pressure Setting Valve, PSV, has three pre-set configurations and once the cushion is fully inflated the user should sit on it and open the valve to the desired position and when enough air has been released the valve automatically shuts off the flow.
What You Need to Know When Ordering
A standard mesh cover or incontinence cover is available for the Evolution. Both are a breathable four-way stretch material and have a non-slip bottom with hook and loop attachments but the incontinence cover protects the cushion from fluid spills. Both cushions are machine washable and line dried.
Specifications for the Evolution
|Your Risk of Skin Breakdown:||High|
|Cushion Cover Types:||
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
|Product Weight:||2 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight:||4.00 lbs.|
Warranty Information for the EvolutionCascade Designs, Inc. d.b.a. VARILITE®, warrants this product to the original owner, under intended use and maintenance, to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for two years from date of purchase of the Product. No warranty against defects in materials and workmanship will apply if Product is: (i) altered in any way, except as specifically provided for in product instructions; (ii) used for purposes inconsistent with Product's intended purpose or design; or (iii) improperly maintained.
Warranty will furthermore be voided where user: (i) failed to follow Product instructions or warnings; or (ii) subjected Product to misuse, abuse, or neglect.
During the warranty period, original Product parts determined by VARILITE to be defective in materials or workmanship will be repaired or replaced as Owner's sole remedy. VARILITE reserves the right to replace any discontinued product with a new product of comparable value and function. A returned product deemed irreparable becomes the property of VARILITE, and will not be returned.
SpinLife Return Policy for the EvolutionThis item is covered by the SpinLife "Best on the Web" 30-Day Return Policy with a required Restocking Fee.
As stated in the full Return Policy, this item may be returned within 30 days of receipt for a refund as long as the following conditions are met:
- The item must be returned at the customer's expense in the original packaging.
- The item must be in new condition--no cracks, scratches or dirty tires.
- A Return Authorization must be requested from SpinLife within 30 days of delivery.
- Once the Return Authorization has been received from SpinLife, the product must be returned within 14 days to receive a refund.
- A 15% Restocking Fee is required to return this item.
- Lift Chairs with upgraded fabrics and Heat and Massage options are non-returnable.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.
Customize & Buy