Zippie X'CAPEby Sunrise / Quickie (Model No. EIFZ1)
- "Best on the Web" Return Policy
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Lightweight yet strong folding frame
- Expands by width and depth to grow with your child
- Customizable options including back, seating, and armrests
- Over 600 possible color combinations
- Quick-Release Axles: Yes
- Weight capacity: 165 lbs.
- Weight: 19 lbs.
- View All Specs
Overview of the Zippie X'CAPE
The Zippie X'CAPE by Sunrise Medical is a folding pediatric wheelchair that is fun, functional, and totally customizable. Innovative design is the name of the game for the X'CAPE; it's the first wheelchair ever to feature XLOCK technology, which combines the convenience of a folding frame with the rugged performance of a rigid frame. Because the X'CAPE folds down, it's incredibly easy to transport. With just one hand you can easily push down to lock or pull up to fold the chair. The X'CAPE is also designed to expand 2" in the crossbrace and 3" in the seat rail so as your child grows, it can adapt to still provide maxiumum positioning, propulsion, and efficiency.
The adaptable design of the X'CAPE continues to the Z-finity footplate system. The Z-finity system has a pivot arm that can be adjusted to swing back or forward to provide the most ideal positioning for lower extremeties as your child grows. Seating and accessories can also be highly customized with the innovative VersaRail seat rail system that offers plenty of space for components. The VersaRail system is not only compatible with bolt-on clamps and mounting clamps, it also provides the capability for different components to share placement. This means your child won't have to compromise on the accessories and components they need.
With over 600 possible color combinations, your child can add a little sparkle and shine to their X'CAPE so it's just as unique as they are. Your child's options are limiteless with different frame and crossbrace colors, spoke guard patterns and colors, and even light-up casters - let their imagination run wild!
View Detailed Measurement Guide
- Seat Depth1
- Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
- Measured from the seat base to the top of the wheelchair back. Depends on how much upper back support is needed, and also affects freedom for the upper body to rotate.
- Rear Seat to Floor3
- Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the wheelchair seat.
- Hanger Angle4
- Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width5
- Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Wheel Camber6
- Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical daily wheelchair uses three degrees of camber.
- Front Seat to Floor7
- Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the wheelchair will be foot-propelled.
- Footrest Width8
- Measure from the inside of each legrest tubing the distance or desired distance between legrests.
- Center of Gravity9
- Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axel.
- Seat to Footrest Length10
- Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
- Backrest Angle11
- Measure the the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurment for every .5" of dump.
Specifications for the Zippie X'CAPE
Less than 12"
|Front Seat to Floor Height:||13 to to 18.5 to|
|Rear Seat to Floor Height:||11 to to 18.5 to|
|Fold-down back for easy transport:||Yes|
|Rear Wheel Size:||
|Pneumatic (air-filled) tire option:||Yes|
|One-Arm Drive Option:||Yes|
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
|Product Weight:||19 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight:||50.00 lbs.|
Warranty Information for the Zippie X'CAPELifetime Limited
Sunrise guarantees the frame and cross brace (if applicable) against defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the original purchaser.
One (1) Year
All Sunrise made parts and components are warranted for one (1) year against defects in materials and workmanship.
We do not warrant:
a. Tires and tubes, upholstery, pads and push-handle grips.
b. Damage from neglect, accident, misuse, or from improper installation or
c. Products modified without Sunrise Medicals express written consent.
d. Damage from exceeding the weight limit.
2. This warranty is VOID if the original chair serial number tag is removed or
3. This warranty applies in the USA only. Check with your supplier to find
out if international warranties apply.
4. This warranty is not transferable and only applies to the first consumer
purchase of this wheelchair through an authorized Sunrise Medical dealer.
SpinLife Return Policy for the Zippie X'CAPEThis item is custom-made by the manufacturer to suit your specific needs and is therefore non-returnable.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.
Customize & Buy