Read 101 reviews
See if it's been answered or post a new one
BackPacker Plusby Pride (Model No. 03-BP)
- Free Shipping for Orders over $50
- "Best on the Web" Return Policy
- No Sales Tax
- 2-Button Hand Control
- Hardwire Kit
- Manual Override
- 3 Year Limited Warranty
- Automatic loading into cargo area of your mini-van
- Attaches to existing third-row seat hardware...no drilling
- No permanent installation of unit...easily installed in another vehicle
- Easily lifts most scooters & power wheelchairs
- Can be bolted to the floor for a permanent installation
Works With Hitch Size:
- Weight capacity: 350 lbs.
- Weight: 150 lbs.
- View All Specs
Manuals, Literature & Videos for the BackPacker Plus
Overview of the BackPacker Plus
The Backpacker unit holds your scooter or power wheelchair inside your vehicle for safe keeping, and easily mounts to the existing floor latches when the rear seat is removed, so there are no holes to drill or modifications to your vehicle. And the battery pack means you don't have to wire it to your car battery either. Just pop it in and go! The fully automatic single button lift operation means there is no work on your part...the lift moves outward, lowers to the ground, then moves up and into the vehicle entirely on its own. And now the Backpacker Plus features a manual override. Fits in most mini-vans. Please note that if you have one of the newer mini-vans with the third seat that folds into the floor, the Backpacker can still work with no drilling. It will require a modification kit that we can provide at no charge when you order the unit.
- Separation between existing floor couplings can be a maximum of 45"
- Inside edge of door sill to outside edge of bumper can be a maximum of 13"
- "Drop" from bottom edge of door to floor of vehicle can be a maximum of 4"
- Inside edge of door sill to middle seats must be at least 42"
- Newer model vehicles may require a securement kit, additional lead times will apply
Specifications for the BackPacker Plus
|Professional Install Available:||Yes|
|Service Contract Available:||Yes|
|Lifting Capacity:||350 lbs.|
Full Sized Scooters
|Platform Size - Length:||41 in.|
|Platform Size - Width:||27 in.|
|Installed Product Weight:||155 lbs.|
|Type of Lift:||Inside Lift|
|Warranty:||3 Year Limited Warranty|
|Warranty - Transferable Warranty:||Yes|
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
|Product Weight:||150 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight:||260.00 lbs.|
BackPacker Plus Reviews
Warranty Information for the BackPacker Plus
For three (3) years from the date of purchase, Pride Mobility Products will repair or replace at our option, free of charge, any mechanical or electrical component found upon examination by an authorized representative of Pride to be defective in material and/or workmanship.
This warranty does not extend to those items, which may require replacement due to normal wear and tear.
- Labor, service calls, shipping, and other charges incurred for repair of the product, unless specifically authorized by Pride Mobility Products Corporation IN ADVANCE, are excluded.
Exclusions also include components with damage caused by:
- Abuse, misuse, accident, or negligence
- Battery fluid spillage or leakage
- Commercial use, or use other than normal
- Improper operation, maintenance, or storage
- Repairs and/or modifications made to any part without specific consent from Pride Mobility Products Corporation.
- Circumstances beyond the control of Pride ONE-YEAR WARRANTY
The battery is covered by a separate one (1) year warranty provided by the battery manufacturer. The batteries are not warranted by Pride Mobility Products Corporation.
SERVICE CHECKS AND WARRANTY SERVICE An authorized Pride Mobility Products Provider must perform warranty service. Do not return faulty parts to Pride Mobility Products without prior written authorization. All transportation costs and shipping damage incurred while submitting parts for repair or replacement is the responsibility of the purchaser.
SpinLife Return Policy for the BackPacker PlusThis item is covered by the SpinLife "Best on the Web" 30-Day Return Policy with a required Restocking Fee.
As stated in the full Return Policy, this item may be returned within 30 days of receipt for a refund as long as the following conditions are met:
- The item must be returned at the customer's expense in the original packaging.
- The item must be in new condition--no cracks, scratches or dirty tires.
- A Return Authorization must be requested from SpinLife within 30 days of delivery.
- Once the Return Authorization has been received from SpinLife, the product must be returned within 14 days to receive a refund.
- A 15% Restocking Fee is required to return this item.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.
Customize & Buy