Veloceby Motion Composites (Model No. VEL1)
- Easy-To-Fold Design
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
- Ultrarigid Folding System
- Lightweight, T700 carbon fiber frame
- Symmetrical molded crossbrace
- Quick-Release Axles: Yes
- Weight capacity: 250 lbs.
- Starting Weight: 17.6 lbs.
- View All Specs
Overview of the Veloce
The Veloce Carbon Fiber Ultralightweight Wheelchair by Motion Composites is designed with your active lifestyle in mind. Featuring a high-performance, ultralight carbon Mantis frame, hybrid rigid-folding design and a streamlined, sophisticated look, you’ll be going farther and faster in style with the Veloce.
What Makes This Different
The Veloce's ultra lightweight frame is comprised of high-modulus T700 carbon fiber, which is the lightest in the industry. The high-performance carbon fiber allows for high-specificity in every inch of the chair, ensuring rigidity in curves and contours. The Veloce’s frame construction easily absorbs vibrations, giving you a smoother ride than other ultralightweight wheelchairs. Coming in three crisp accent colors on the chair's legrests, the Veloce can match your style.
Why We Like It
The unique, Mantis frame of the Veloce synthesizes a boxed frame design in the back for enhanced crossbrace rigidity with a cantilever frame in the front, providing you with a sleek, high-end look. The high adjustability and customization ensure you get a chair designed for you. The Veloce’s Ultrarigid Folding System provides you with the performance and durability of ultralightweight rigid chairs, while ensuring the sleekness and ease of portability of typical folding chairs. The 17.6 pound starting weight and 11 pound transport weight of the Veloce ensure your chair is easily handled, both in the chair and when toting it around in your car.
Adding to the overall luxe feel of the Veloce is the array of Motion Composites’ Newton Accessories, which include Newton One spoke wheels and Newton Gravity ultralight wheels.
View Detailed Measurement Guide
- Seat Depth1
- Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
- Measured from the seat base to the top of the wheelchair back. Depends on how much upper back support is needed, and also affects freedom for the upper body to rotate.
- Rear Seat to Floor3
- Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the wheelchair seat.
- Hanger Angle4
- Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width5
- Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Wheel Camber6
- Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical daily wheelchair uses three degrees of camber.
- Front Seat to Floor7
- Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the wheelchair will be foot-propelled.
- Footrest Width8
- Measure from the inside of each legrest tubing the distance or desired distance between legrests.
- Center of Gravity9
- Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axel.
- Seat to Footrest Length10
- Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
- Backrest Angle11
- Measure the the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurment for every .5" of dump.
Specifications for the Veloce
|Frame Type:||Folding/Rigid Hybrid|
|Overall Width Open - Add to Seat Width:||7.50"|
|Rear Wheel Size:||
|Pneumatic (air-filled) tire option:||Yes|
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
|Product Weight:||17.6 lbs.|
Warranty Information for the Veloce5-Year Limited Warranty
Frame: Five Years
Motion Composites warrants the wheelchair frame and cross braces against defects in materials and workmanship for five (5) years from the date of purchase.
Components: One year
Motion Composites warrants all Motion Composites-made components against defects in materials and workmanship for one (1) year from the date of purchase, except for the parts listed below.
Limitations and Exclusions:
Motion Composites covers the following items for 30 days:
Tires and tubes from front or rear wheels, upholstery (including cushions, seat slings, armrest upholstery) and push-handle grips.
This warranty does not cover damages arising from normal wear and tear or from other circumstances beyond Motion Composites’ control; or the foregoing warranty shall not apply if: the original Motion Composites serial number tag has been removed, altered or defaced; or the wheelchair has been subjected to negligence, accident, improper maintenance, storage or operation as required by your Motion Composites Owners Manual, commercial institutional use, misuse or abuse, including, but not limited to, exceeding the maximum weight capacity of 250 pounds or 350 pounds if equipped with HD Kit, the wheelchair has been damaged by improper repairs or the repairs made to any component without the express written consent of Motion Composites or the Wheelchair has been modified without Motion Composites’ express written consent, including, but not limited to, modification through the use of unauthorized parts or attachments or the wheelchair has been used as a weight training apparatus or the wheelchair’s Transit Tie-Down System (TTDS) has been misused; if TTDS is not attached to the four tarpaulin bows identified and installed by Motion Composites.
*This warranty is extended only to the original consumer purchasers of Motion Composites’ product
SpinLife Return Policy for the VeloceThis item is custom-made by the manufacturer to suit your specific needs and is therefore non-returnable.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.
Customize & Buy