Converterby Merits Health (Model No. L405)
- "Best on the Web" Return Policy
- Easy-To-Fold Design
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Use as transport chair or self-propel
- Folds down for easy storage
- Quick-release rear wheels
- Standard swing-away footrests
- Flip-up armrests
- 20" seat width accommodates up to 300 lbs.
- Quick-Release Axles: Yes
- Weight capacity: 250 lbs.
- Weight: 32 lbs.
- View All Specs
Manuals, Literature & Videos for the Converter
Overview of the Converter
The Converter lightweight transport and self-propel wheelchair by Merits Health is as innovative as it is convenient. The Converter is extremely portable, versatile, and has great standard features to accommodate a variety of needs.
What Makes This Different
The Converter combines the best aspects of both a lightweight manual wheelchair and a transport chair to create one versatile super-chair. The 24" rear wheels can be easily removed with quick-release axles for use as a transport chair. The Converter has double wheel locks for use with each configuration of the chair. Flip-back desk length armrests, swing-away footplates with heel loops, and anti-tip wheels at the back of the chair all come as standard features. The lightweight aluminum alloy frame feature handles that fold down to save space for travel and storage.
Why We Like It
We love that the Converter is so transportable. By simply removing the 24" rear wheels and folding down the backrest, this chair can be stored or toted nearly anywhere. We like that the seat and backrest are made of a durable nylon upholstery that is bacteria and mildew-resistant and is also easy to wipe clean.
Seat Width: 16" - 18" - 20"
Seat Depth: 16"
Seat Height: 19"
Backrest Height: 16"
Overall Length: 29" (as transport), 32" (as self-propel)
Overall Height: 36"
Overall Width: 20" - 22" (as transport), 25" - 27" (as self-propel)
Folded Width: 8" (as transport), 14" (as self-propel)
Total Weight: 26.5 lbs. - 27.5 lbs. (as transport), 32 lbs. - 33 lbs. (as self-propel)
View Detailed Measurement Guide
- Seat Depth1
- Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
- Measured from the seat base to the top of the wheelchair back. Depends on how much upper back support is needed, and also affects freedom for the upper body to rotate.
- Rear Seat to Floor3
- Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the wheelchair seat.
- Hanger Angle4
- Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width5
- Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Wheel Camber6
- Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical daily wheelchair uses three degrees of camber.
- Front Seat to Floor7
- Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the wheelchair will be foot-propelled.
- Footrest Width8
- Measure from the inside of each legrest tubing the distance or desired distance between legrests.
- Center of Gravity9
- Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axel.
- Seat to Footrest Length10
- Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
- Backrest Angle11
- Measure the the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurment for every .5" of dump.
Specifications for the Converter
|Seat to Floor Height:||19.00"|
|Fold-down back for easy transport:||Yes|
|Armrest Options:||Flip Back|
|Legrest Options:||Swing Away|
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
|Product Weight:||32 lbs.|
Manuals & Literature
Warranty Information for the ConverterYour Merits brand product is warranted to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime expectancy of the wheelchair. Lifetime expectancy is 5 years from date of purchase. Limited warranty only applies to the original purchaser of the chair.
This device was built to exacting standards and carefully inspected prior to shipment. This lifetime limited warranty is an expression of our confidence in the materials and workmanship of our products and our assurance to provide the consumer years of dependable service.
In the event of a defect covered by this warranty, we will, at our option, repair or replace the device.
This warranty does not cover device failure due to owner misuse or negligence, or normal wear and tear. The warranty does not extend to non-durable components, such as rubber accessories, casters, and grips, which are subject to normal wear and need periodic replacement.
If you have questions about your Merits device or this warranty, please contact an authorized Merits dealer.
SpinLife Return Policy for the ConverterThis item is covered by the SpinLife "Best on the Web" 30-Day Return Policy.
As stated in the full Return Policy, this item may be returned within 30 days of receipt for a full refund as long as the following conditions are met:
- The item must be returned at the customer’s expense in the original packaging.
- The item must be in new condition--no cracks, scratches or dirty tires.
- A Return Authorization must be requested from SpinLife within 30 days of delivery.
- Once the Return Authorization has been received from SpinLife, the product must be returned within 14 days to receive a refund.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.
Customize & Buy