Read 3 reviews
See if it's been answered or post a new one
Bariatric Transport Chairby Medline (Model No. MDS808200BAR)
- "Best on the Web" Return Policy
- Easy-To-Fold Design
- 110% Low Price Guarantee
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- 22" seat width
- Free cupholder and seatbelt
- Elevated legrest come standard
- Weight capacity: 400 lbs.
- Weight: 33 lbs.
- View All Specs
Overview of the Bariatric Transport Chair
The Medline Bariatric Transport chair is a great option for trips to the doctor or other short outings. The chair features a 22" seat width, 12" rear wheels, full length permanent armrest and elevated legrests come standard. The padded push bar and caregiver hand brakes make it easier to maneuver. For convenience and easy storage, the back folds down and the legrest can be removed. This chair also includes a free cupholder, a seat belt and anti-tippers.
Please note that the overall width may not fit through some doors.
View Detailed Measurement Guide
- Seat Depth1
- Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
- Measured from the seat base to the top of the wheelchair back. Depends on how much upper back support is needed, and also affects freedom for the upper body to rotate.
- Rear Seat to Floor3
- Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the wheelchair seat.
- Hanger Angle4
- Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width5
- Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Wheel Camber6
- Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical daily wheelchair uses three degrees of camber.
- Front Seat to Floor7
- Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the wheelchair will be foot-propelled.
- Footrest Width8
- Measure from the inside of each legrest tubing the distance or desired distance between legrests.
- Center of Gravity9
- Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axel.
- Seat to Footrest Length10
- Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
- Backrest Angle11
- Measure the the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurment for every .5" of dump.
Specifications for the Bariatric Transport Chair
|Fold-down back for easy transport:||Yes|
|Reclining Back Option:||No|
|Rear Wheel Size:||12"|
|Armrest Options:||Fixed Height|
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
|Product Weight:||33 lbs.|
Bariatric Transport Chair Reviews
Warranty Information for the Bariatric Transport Chair
Lifetime Limited Warranty
Your Medline brand product is warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a lifetime for the
original consumer. This device was built to precise standards and carefully inspected prior to shipment. This
Lifetime Limited Warranty is an expression of our confidence in the material and workmanship of our products and assures years of convenient, dependable service. In the event of a defect covered by this warranty, we will, at our option, repair or replace the device. This warranty does not cover device failure due to owner misuse, negligence, or normal wear and tear. The warranty does not extend to non-durable components such as rubber accessories, brakes and grips, which are subject to normal wear and replacement. If you have a question about your Medline product or this warranty, please call us at 1-800-MEDLINE. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you many have other rights, which vary from state to state.
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY:
1 YEAR WARRANTY:
Any other “wearable” parts
SpinLife Return Policy for the Bariatric Transport ChairThis item is covered by the SpinLife "Best on the Web" 30-Day Return Policy.
As stated in the full Return Policy, this item may be returned within 30 days of receipt for a full refund as long as the following conditions are met:
- The item must be returned at the customer’s expense in the original packaging.
- The item must be in new condition--no cracks, scratches or dirty tires.
- A Return Authorization must be requested from SpinLife within 30 days of delivery.
- Once the Return Authorization has been received from SpinLife, the product must be returned within 14 days to receive a refund.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.