Read 7 reviews
See if it's been answered or post a new one
Lightweight LT-980by Karman Healthcare (Model No. LT-980)
- "Best on the Web" Return Policy
- Easy-To-Fold Design
- Swing-Away Footrests
- 22" Spoke Wheels
- 1 year limited Warranty
- Height adjustable footplates
- Adjustable wheel locks
- Backrest carry pocket
- Overall Width - Folded: 13.00"
- Quick-Release Axles: No
- Weight capacity: 250 lbs.
- Weight: 24 lbs.
- View All Specs
Manuals, Literature & Videos for the Lightweight LT-980
Overview of the Lightweight LT-980
The Lightweight LT-980 from Karman Healthcare has a lightweight durable aluminum frame and weighs only 24 pounds (excluding the footrests), a feature you would only expect to find in a more expensive ultra-lightweight wheelchair. This a great option for those seeking a lightweight, portable wheelchair without all the complicated configuration options. It comes in an attractive black frame finish and an 18” seat width. Swing-away removable footrests are standard with elevating legrests as an optional upgrade. The backrest folds down making transporting this chair even easier.
View Detailed Measurement Guide
- Seat Depth1
- Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
- Measured from the seat base to the top of the wheelchair back. Depends on how much upper back support is needed, and also affects freedom for the upper body to rotate.
- Rear Seat to Floor3
- Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the wheelchair seat.
- Hanger Angle4
- Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width5
- Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Wheel Camber6
- Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical daily wheelchair uses three degrees of camber.
- Front Seat to Floor7
- Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the wheelchair will be foot-propelled.
- Footrest Width8
- Measure from the inside of each legrest tubing the distance or desired distance between legrests.
- Center of Gravity9
- Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axel.
- Seat to Footrest Length10
- Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
- Backrest Angle11
- Measure the the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurment for every .5" of dump.
Specifications for the Lightweight LT-980
|Overall Width - Folded:||13.00"|
|Overall Width Open - Add to Seat Width:||8.00"|
|Seat to Floor Heights:||19"|
|Hemi Height Option:||No|
|Fold-down back for easy transport:||Yes|
|Reclining Back Option:||No|
|Rear Wheel Size:||22"|
|Pneumatic (air-filled) tire option:||No|
|One-Arm Drive Option:||No|
|Expedited Shipping Available:||Yes|
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
|Product Weight:||24 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight:||35.00 lbs.|
Manuals & Literature
Lightweight LT-980 Reviews
Warranty Information for the Lightweight LT-980KARMAN WHEELCHAIR 1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Karman warrants the wheelchair main frame against defects in materials and workmanship for one year, including crossbraces, side frames, backrests frames), from purchase date, 6 months on parts. This warranty is extended only to original purchasers of our products. Warranty is not transferable. Parts or materials which are subject to normal wear and which must be replaced/repaired are the owner’s responsibility and are not covered by warranty. Arm pads and upholsteries are not covered by warranty.
If within such warranty period, any such product is proven to Karman’s satisfaction to be defective, such product shall be repaired or replaced at Karman's option. In no case are goods to be returned without first obtaining an R.M.A. (Returned Merchandise Authorization) number issued by Karman and that the part in question is returned insured with freight prepaid to Karman, within the period of warranty. Labor charge incurred in the installation or repair of the above-mentioned parts plus all freight charges are not included in the warranty.
If Karman does not have a completed Warranty Registration Card on file for the consumer’s product, then a copy of the invoice with date of purchase must be provided. The warranty period for the consumer commences on the purchase date from the seller. The warranty is void on wheelchairs that have had the serial # tag removed or altered.
Products which have been subject to negligence, abuse, improper storage or handling, improper operation, unauthorized modifications or misuse are not covered by this warranty. Karman Healthcare will not warrant the frame or any parts damaged when the maximum weight limit is exceeded. Warranty applies in the U.S. only.
SpinLife Return Policy for the Lightweight LT-980This item is covered by the SpinLife "Best on the Web" 30-Day Return Policy.
As stated in the full Return Policy, this item may be returned within 30 days of receipt for a full refund as long as the following conditions are met:
- The item must be returned at the customer’s expense in the original packaging.
- The item must be in new condition--no cracks, scratches or dirty tires.
- A Return Authorization must be requested from SpinLife within 30 days of delivery.
- Once the Return Authorization has been received from SpinLife, the product must be returned within 14 days to receive a refund.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.
Popular Related Items
Our Price: $24.00You Save: $4.75
Our Price: $59.00You Save: $16.40
Our Price: $223.00You Save: $88.97
Customize & Buy