9000 Topazby Invacare (Model No. 9TPZ)
- "Best on the Web" Return Policy
- 3 Year Limited Warranty
- Heavy-duty arm design for proper positioning
- Adjustable axle positioning
- Variety of seat widths and depths
- Available in vinyl or nylon upholstery
- Upholstery is mildew, bacteria, UV and cold-crack resistant
- Quick-Release Axles: No
- Weight capacity: 700 lbs.
- Weight: 97 lbs.
- View All Specs
Manuals, Literature & Videos for the 9000 Topaz
Overview of the 9000 Topaz
The Invacare 9000 Topaz is a customizable wheelchair designed specifically for those who weigh up to 700 lbs, or 1000 lbs with the upgradeable HD package. Reinforced frame, wheels, upholstery and legrests provide both ease in maneuverability and years of durability. The dual axle position allows for quick and simple seat-to-floor height variations of 17.5" or 19.5". Choose from three different upholstery options and either a silver vein or wet black frame finish, plus many more options to choose from.
Due to the custom nature of this wheelchair it is unable to be returned.
View Detailed Measurement Guide
- Seat Depth1
- Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
- Measured from the seat base to the top of the wheelchair back. Depends on how much upper back support is needed, and also affects freedom for the upper body to rotate.
- Rear Seat to Floor3
- Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the wheelchair seat.
- Hanger Angle4
- Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width5
- Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Wheel Camber6
- Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical daily wheelchair uses three degrees of camber.
- Front Seat to Floor7
- Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the wheelchair will be foot-propelled.
- Footrest Width8
- Measure from the inside of each legrest tubing the distance or desired distance between legrests.
- Center of Gravity9
- Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axel.
- Seat to Footrest Length10
- Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
- Backrest Angle11
- Measure the the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurment for every .5" of dump.
Specifications for the 9000 Topaz
|Overall Width:||28.5" to 38.5"|
|Overall Width Open - Add to Seat Width:||8.50"|
|Seat to Floor Heights:||15.5" to 19.5"|
|Hemi Height Option:||Yes|
|Fold-down back for easy transport:||No|
|Reclining Back Option:||No|
|Rear Wheel Size:||
|One-Arm Drive Option:||No|
|Expedited Shipping Available:||Yes|
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
|Product Weight:||97 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight:||97.00 lbs.|
Manuals & Literature
Warranty Information for the 9000 Topaz3-Year Limited Warranty
SpinLife Return Policy for the 9000 TopazThis item is custom-made by the manufacturer to suit your specific needs and is therefore non-returnable.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.
Manual Wheelchair items you may also like
Our Price: $63.00You Save: $27.00
Our Price: $378.00You Save: $162.00
Our Price: $415.00You Save: $140.00
Our Price: $277.00You Save: $118.00
Our Price: $49.00You Save: $5.95
Our Price: $32.00You Save: $13.00
Customize & Buy