Read 6 reviews
See if it's been answered or post a new one
Silver Sport 1by Drive Medical (Model No. SSP118FA-SF)
- "Best on the Web" Return Policy
- Easy-To-Fold Design
- 3 Year Limited Warranty
- Available only in 18" x 16"
- Fixed armrests
- Comes with swing-away footrests
- Plastic footplates
- Powder coated silver vein steel frame
- Overall Width - Folded: 12.50"
- Quick-Release Axles: No
- Weight capacity: 250 lbs.
- Weight: 37 lbs.
- View All Specs
Overview of the Silver Sport 1
The Silver Sport 1 from Drive Medical has all your bases covered with reliable features! This economy package includes fixed padded armrests, push-to-lock wheel locks, swing-away footrests and plastic foot plates. This chair features durable nylon upholstery, so it can be easily cleaned. The sleek design of this chair includes a powder coated silver vein frame finish. Whether you are on the go yourself or have a caregiver’s help, the urethane tires mounted on composite wheels ensures your ride is smooth and low maintenance. The Silver Sport 1 comes in a standard size of 18” W x 16” D.
View Detailed Measurement Guide
- Seat Depth1
- Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
- Measured from the seat base to the top of the wheelchair back. Depends on how much upper back support is needed, and also affects freedom for the upper body to rotate.
- Rear Seat to Floor3
- Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the wheelchair seat.
- Hanger Angle4
- Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width5
- Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Wheel Camber6
- Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical daily wheelchair uses three degrees of camber.
- Front Seat to Floor7
- Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the wheelchair will be foot-propelled.
- Footrest Width8
- Measure from the inside of each legrest tubing the distance or desired distance between legrests.
- Center of Gravity9
- Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axel.
- Seat to Footrest Length10
- Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
- Backrest Angle11
- Measure the the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurment for every .5" of dump.
Specifications for the Silver Sport 1
|Overall Width - Folded:||12.50"|
|Overall Width Open - Add to Seat Width:||6.00"|
|Seat to Floor Height:||19.50"|
|Hemi Height Option:||No|
|Fold-down back for easy transport:||No|
|Reclining Back Option:||No|
|Rear Wheel Size:||24"|
|Pneumatic (air-filled) tire option:||No|
|One-Arm Drive Option:||No|
|Armrest Options:||Fixed Height|
|Legrest Options:||Swing Away|
|Expedited Shipping Available:||Yes|
Approximate Shipping Dimensions and Weights
|Product Weight:||37 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight:||42.00 lbs.|
Silver Sport 1 Reviews
Warranty Information for the Silver Sport 1
Your Drive brand product is warranted to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for three years of the original consumer purchaser.
This device was built to exacting standards and carefully inspected prior to shipment. This 3 year Limited Warranty is an expression of our confidence in the materials and workmanship of our products and our assurance to the consumer of years of dependable service.
In the event of a defect covered by this warranty, we will, at our option, repair or replace the device.
This warranty does not cover device failure due to owner misuse or negligence, or normal wear and tear. The warranty does not extend to non-durable components, such as rubber accessories, casters, and grips, which are subject to normal wear and need periodic replacement.
If you have a question about your Drive device or this warranty, please contact an authorized Drive dealer.
SpinLife Return Policy for the Silver Sport 1This item is covered by the SpinLife "Best on the Web" 30-Day Return Policy.
As stated in the full Return Policy, this item may be returned within 30 days of receipt for a full refund as long as the following conditions are met:
- The item must be returned at the customer’s expense in the original packaging.
- The item must be in new condition--no cracks, scratches or dirty tires.
- A Return Authorization must be requested from SpinLife within 30 days of delivery.
- Once the Return Authorization has been received from SpinLife, the product must be returned within 14 days to receive a refund.
If you have questions about this item please call a SpinLife Expert at 1-800-850-0335.
Our Price: $39.00You Save: $27.30
Customize & Buy